Monitoring system for Highrise
MVP web app development that brings to life the idea of managing, monitoring, organising, and eliminating violations while preventing unnecessary fines and violations.
About the client
Web Application Development
- MVP Development
Company Management Tool
Building & Construction
See what Altamira can do for you
The Client envisioned a monitoring system that allows to add all of your properties to the unified system and track new complaints, DOB Violations, ECB Violations and Hearings, Permit expiration notices, and job status changes with a single click. Once the Client specified the requirements, we felt we couldn’t miss the opportunity to bring this idea to life.
Despite the smooth start, our team soon faced unpredictable access issues, with random bans throwing a wrench into the works. The precise reasons for these restrictions remained unclear, with hypotheses ranging from changes in the site’s policies to the site’s detection mechanisms identifying the traffic as suspicious, possibly due to geographical origin.
To address this issue, our team had to think on their feet, implementing creative server management strategies under the tight constraints of limited time and budget.
Eventually, a late-stage requirement emerged, transforming the system’s architecture from supporting single ownership of properties to enabling multiple owners. This step aimed to democratise system access but required considerable last-minute architectural overhauls, challenging our team to adapt quickly to meet the expanded needs of a diverse user base.
As a result, our team of experts undertook a multifaceted approach. We audited the existing datasets and pinpointed the most critical areas needing attention. Additionally, our experts refined the existing data annotations that lacked clarity, ensuring that each entry was accurately labelled.
Also, Altamira team introduced an iterative review process, where data quality was continually assessed at various stages of the project. This ongoing validation allowed for the early detection and rectification of emerging data issues, resulting in sustained improvements in data quality.
Altamira team developed the MVP of a Highrise Monitoring System – a complex web application tailored specifically to the Client’s needs. This powerful platform employs advanced approaches to data management, like data parsing and scraping, to monitor public boards for building violations from various state registers.
The system aims to address all inconveniences of manual monitoring in the registers because
Our system allows every property owner to create a list of their properties and view general information and statistics on them. It offers a suite of features to streamline violation management:
- Real-Time Notifications: The system promptly informs users about new property issues, enabling them to act swiftly and prevent complaints from escalating into violations.
- 24/7 Access to Property Details: Users can track the status of each property around the clock via both smartphones and computers.
- Hearing Dates and Reminders: Users can potentially view upcoming hearing dates and receive timely reminders, ensuring they never miss a critical deadline.
- Technology Stack: The system is built using advanced parsing and scraping technologies, along with Stripe, for secure transactions.
- Development: A total of 2265 hours were dedicated to developing the MVP, ensuring robust functionality and user-friendliness.
The Highrise Monitoring System has shaken up the way Building & Construction and real estate companies manage their properties. Key results include:
- Time and Cost Efficiency: The system significantly reduces the time and effort required to track and manage violations, directly translating into cost savings by avoiding unnecessary fees.
- Enhanced Compliance: Real-time updates and reminders improve compliance with DOB and ECB regulations, reducing the risk of penalties.
- Improved Property Management: With 24/7 access to detailed property information and status updates, companies can manage their portfolios more effectively and make informed decisions.
- Customer Satisfaction: The intuitive and user-friendly platform has received positive feedback from users, who appreciate the ease and efficiency it brings to their daily operations.
The design objective was to create a user-centric interface that enables property owners to efficiently manage their property listings. The design needed to be intuitive, allowing users to add, view, and search properties with ease.
We began with a discovery phase, where we conducted user research to understand the needs of property owners. This informed our design decisions and helped us prioritise features for the MVP. We created wireframes and prototypes, which were iterated based on feedback from potential users.
The user interface is clean and minimalistic, adhering to modern design principles. It uses a neutral colour palette with accent colours for call-to-action buttons, ensuring high visibility and accessibility. The “My Properties” section is the heart of the application, listing properties in a clear, tabulated format that allows for quick scanning of key information.
Navigation is simple, with a top bar for application-wide options and a side menu for specific property-related actions.
The application is designed to be responsive, ensuring that property managers can access their portfolios on various devices, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones. This adaptability ensures functionality across different contexts, from office environments to on-site property visits.
The MVP was successfully launched after several rounds of user testing, ensuring that the most critical features were polished and functional. Our team has met all of the demanding Client’s criteria for an MVP, providing a solid foundation for future scalability and feature optimisations.