- In a store, using NFC module in the payment terminal.
- Online, within an app or on e-commerce store in Safari.
First Steps: Integration of Facial Payments in Web Store or Mobile AppCurrently, users can enable Face ID for payment only through the Apple Pay service. Therefore, if you want to include facial recognition for online payment in your app, first you need to integrate with Apple Pay.
Apple Pay Advantages and DisadvantagesFew good things about Apple Pay:
- Apple Pay works across all Apple devices: iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, iWatches.
- The service works with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Interac, eftpos, China Union Pay, Suica, the iD and QUICPay networks, and most card issuers and payment providers.
- By processing transactions via Apple Pay, you don’t handle credit card numbers of your customers. Thus, you get rid of all the headaches associated with the processing of personal information. Which is great, because you don’t need to deal with extra encryptions and compliances. Plus, Liability for transactions might shift to the issuer.
- A small bonus: Apple Pay transactions might be treated more favorably than standard transactions with a plastic card if they are processed in the web.
There are NO additional fees to accept Apple Pay!There is, however, some geographical and financial limitation: Here’s a list of countries and regions that support Apple Pay. You can add your credit, debit, or prepaid cards from participating banks and card issuers in these countries and regions. In addition, there is also can be a limit on purchases made through Apple Pay depending on the country you operate or your users might need to enter a PIN for purchases over a certain sum. Hopeful, if your product doesn’t cost more than $25 (and most of apps don’t cost more than that) you won’t hit this cup.
- First, in order to integrate with Apple Pay you need to register and configure your developer account for Apple Pay. We usually configure one while developing a mobile app.
- Secondly, it is absolutely required to configure the sandbox environment to test you Apple Pay account without actually transferring money back and forth. This stem is usually done by our QA team.
- Then you either integrate Apple Pay into your mobile app or web store.