Modern technologies have already redefined the healthcare industry. Medical organisations embrace new technologies to automate their internal processes, properly manage workflows, and innovate treatment plans to provide patients with a great experience.
Therefore, we got specifics about the current technological trends being implemented in the software and how to integrate these trends into your medical entity.
Trends of the healthcare software in 2024
This industry opens innovative technologies to be implemented in medical organisations. We have gathered the top tech trends that have been or are expected to be integrated into software during the next several years.
Medical Internet of Things (IoT)
The IoT is considered a trendy technology actively implemented in various industries to improve their performance. Medical IoT aims to qualitatively connect medical devices of remote patients, internal systems within healthcare organisations, and insurance companies to provide easy and smooth health data exchange and usage.
Employee wellness app
Employee wellness apps unite medical workers within one or several healthcare entities where they can chat, share their experiences and concerns, do some activities like yoga or dancing, organise corporate retreats, and just relax and free their minds.
Blockchain in this industry aims to make the health data exchange 100% protected from leakage and fraud, as well as make this transmission process easier and faster.
AR and VR
AR and VR technologies are already widely used in healthcare today. Many organisations conduct VR surgical training and elective surgeries thanks to these tech trends. Moreover, VR and AR technologies help better investigate patients’ mental health to provide the most suitable and effective treatment.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
AI technology widens its borders by applying more ways to use it and making the treatment innovative and qualitative. Among the most fascinating use cases of AI, we would like to mention:
- Image analysis – AI helps clinicians to detect the appropriate diagnosis by recognizing and analysing the body scans; it also helps avoid mistakes when checking the patient’s EHR or EMR;
- Emergency in case of heart attack – AI is implemented in medical tools that can recognize the first signs of heart attack by quickly analysing the previous medical history, the voice of the patient, and the background noise from the place the patient calls;
- Predictive analytics – AI helps clinicians better analyse the EHRs in order to precisely detect the diagnosis and select the most appropriate treatment plan; AI-driven app quickly scans and analyses all available patient data and provides the results as soon as possible.
Patient engagement technology
This trend primarily focuses on the engagement of patients in their treatment, meaning patients should follow their health indicators, remember the scheduled examinations, and strictly follow the doctor’s recommendations for a quicker full recovery.
You can also learn more about the latest technological trends in the healthcare industry from the video below.
Software development life cycle for healthcare
The software development life cycle is the most widespread methodology for developing software applications. It involves defining the objectives, documenting them, and creating a precise plan for the development team’s actions. The healthcare industry requires a little bit of a different approach to software development. Thus, a new medical SDLC, Patient Journey modelling, has been invented. It is a patient-centric approach that helps investigate patients’ needs and provides an excellent experience with healthcare organisations.
The healthcare SDLC aims to deliver top-notch solutions within the defined budget, timelines, and project scope. The main differentiator of this development framework is the full engagement of the medical workers and patients in the development process in order to test it and give feedback if the app corresponds to all their expectations and requirements. Thus, patient journey modelling enhances the efficacy and the use of the delivered medical software solution.
What do healthcare software development companies do
Due to the active digitalisation of the healthcare industry, software development companies try to adjust to its specifics by offering niche solutions. These companies look for efficient ways of optimising the internal workflows of medical facilities with the use of technologies and custom digital tools. Among the most common software services, we would like to mention:
- Ready-made medical software tools – medical apps for internal use with quite limited functionality and mostly used for managing several processes like inventory, appointments, etc.
- Healthcare mobile apps – used for transferring data from medical devices to hospitals to provide remote health monitoring
- Custom medical systems are an all-in-one solution that manages all internal and external processes related to a particular medical entity, which are easy to scale and integrate with new functions.
The main requirement that hospitals have for software companies is a cost reduction strategy that provides high-quality medical services at reasonable prices for patients and facilities as well. These days, the variety of software development companies focusing on building healthcare software is surely extended, and the selection becomes more demanding as it is vital to ensure that your tech partner is trusted and responsible.
Altamira offers deep domain expertise in building healthcare software solutions. Our development team is highly acquainted with all demands and official regulations related to healthcare software to provide top-notch all-in-one systems for medical organisations. We provide a wide range of services, which are:
- consulting on your case;
- building custom web and mobile software solutions;
- migration to the cloud;
- dedicated development focusing on your project and its specifics.
The specifics of healthcare software application development
Today, people are more obsessed with mobile apps than laptops or computers. So, when building custom healthcare software, it is advisable to think more of the customer journey and provide a mobile app for patients. Thus, patients become participants of the same internal systems, which lightens and helps manage many processes like booking appointments, checking lab tests, entering their health indicators, accessing EHRs, connecting the app to the medical wearables, getting notifications about upcoming visits, or procedures, GPS to find the nearest hospital or doctor and so on.
Commonly, several types of medical applications are widely used within medical organisations, and each has a different focus. For instance, it can be a doctor who needs to make e-prescriptions, remote monitoring, and check the scheduled visits; patients who need to have the same options as doctors and have access to their medical histories; a hospital needs management of internal operations.
The mobile app should be scalable and easily integrated with the new options needed for patients. The most vital thing about app development is the design concept. It should be intuitive, simple, and easy to use so that patients of all ages can use it conveniently.
Why is it better to outsource custom healthcare software development?
To develop your custom health solution or integrate new technologies in your existing systems, initially, you need to decide what types of software development team you’d rather cooperate with, in-house or outsourcing development team.
These days, most companies select outsourcing as a more beneficial team model, and we would like to explain why:
- Outsourcing development saves the costs you could have spent on the hiring process, as there are no guarantees that the chosen developers will correspond to your expectations. Thus, you can lose money, time, and effort. When selecting an outsourcing development partner, you can easily check their reputation on the web, contact their previous clients, and learn about their domain expertise and experience.
- Outsourcing developers are able to provide you with wider technical and functional expertise compared to the in-house developers. They can also adjust to your requirements in managing the process, budget, documents, deadlines, communication channels, etc.
- The outsourcing development team is fully dedicated to the development of your project, engaged in its specifics, and is committed to a successful outcome, just like you are. Moreover, you are to pay only for the actual hours spent building your product, so it’s a budget-effective solution for healthcare facilities, especially the governmental.
The Altamira team has 10+ years of building and delivering high-grade software solutions for all purposes and various industries. Our main benefit is starting from the discovery stage, where we conduct deep research into your medical entity, gathering the core requirements for the future solution, considering the peculiarities of your entity and the latest tech trends.
To end up
The process of digital transformation in the healthcare industry keeps gaining momentum. Medical software solutions are in high demand among healthcare organisations that are looking to automate their workflows and provide excellent conditions for medical workers and experience for patients as well.
By partnering with the Altamira outsourcing development team, you get access to top-notch software developers who are proficient in building custom healthcare software, considering the requirements of your medical organisation and the official healthcare regulations.